Self Employed Mortgages
Contact us to get a mortgage appointment for your home today.
Get in Touch Today
Self employed mortgages
Getting a mortgage when you’re self-employed can be frustrating and complicated. Harmony FS believe that everyone should be able to own their own home, no matter what their employment status.
While many lenders are starting to relax their approach to self-employed borrowers, your eligibility is often compromised, and the application process is more complex. High-street lenders aren’t always able to properly interpret self-employed accounts, so they often choose not to deal with them.
We’re experienced in arranging mortgages for those who work for themselves, including:
- Sole traders
- Limited company directors
- Self-employed people with less than three years’ accounts or who’ve only been trading for 1 year
Self employed mortgage advice
Although your employment may be long-term or more secure than other employed roles, most lenders see self-employed people as a risk.
The income is harder to prove and may not always be consistent, which makes for a less appealing investment.
Each person’s situation is unique, which is why there are so many mortgage choices available. We’ll consider your circumstances and requirements to find lenders who can offer what you need.
Being turned down for a mortgage can negatively affect your credit score, which will, in turn, make it more difficult the next time you apply.
By working with a mortgage expert, who can research the whole of market, and liaise with lenders before submitting an application, you could avoid your application being turned down.
Your mortgage journey with Harmony FS
We’re here to make sure your employment doesn’t stop you from getting a great mortgage deal.
Here’s what we do to make sure we can find you the best mortgage available to you if you’re self-employed.
- Talk to you about your requirements and figure out what you need from a mortgage.
- Assess your income and any existing financial commitments to determine what you can afford.
- Explain the different types of mortgage and their associated costs.
- Work with you to find the best mortgage to suit your needs.
- Provide you with full mortgage illustrations and complete the application for you.
- Advise on insurance and recommend a solicitor.
- Take care of the full application process, liaising with the lender on your behalf.
Feel confident about your mortgage
We pride ourselves on being able to find mortgages for people who thought they wouldn’t be able to buy their own home.
For friendly, impartial mortgage advice for self-employed buyers, get in touch with Harmony FS today.